Monday, December 19, 2011

Queer Comics Project

Queer Comics Project, 12.17.2011 Drag performance at opening of Queer Comics Project at Cartoon Art Museum.Saturday evening I was a lurker at the opening party for a small exhibit at the Cartoon Art Museum featuring local comics creators. The show was curated by students in Justin Hall's Queer Comics class at the California College of Art. When I arrived at the museum I was greeted by Mr. Hall myself, who was dressed as Superman & filled out his costume convincingly. The event featured a couple of super-hero inspired drag performances, & a few people showed up in costumes, but otherwise it was a lot of informal mingling & a chance to check out the museum's current exhibitions. Attendees seemed to be mostly artists & students. I ran into MariNaomi for the 2nd time in a week. When I told her I was reading her memoir Kiss & Tell, she worried that I might never want to speak with her again.

No comments: