Saturday, February 06, 2010

MTT's Perfect Weekend

In this weekend's How To Spend It, the luxury spending insert in the Financial Times, MTT describes his perfect weekend in San Francisco. Besides rehearsals & concerts, this includes congee at The Slanted Door, walking the dogs at Crissy Field, a visit to the Walt Disney Family Museum, & an overnight stay at an undisclosed location in the North Bay ("I use this time to think about the music in my head, the music I want to write."). The article is illustrated with a photo of the maestro at the Ferry Building farmers' market, radishes & brussels sprouts spilling out of his shoulder bag.

Update: I'm finding the How To Spend It Web site difficult to navigate, but the article now seems to be online here.

9 comments:

y2k said...

Is it not available online yet? I tried to look it up on the how to spend it site under perfect weekend, and can't find MTT.

In any case, MTT = uber cool in my book!

Axel Feldheim said...

The article was not online when I posted this morning, but it is there now. I think the Web site is difficult to navigate, but try this link:

http://www.howtospendit.com/#/articles/1056-perfect-weekend-michael-tilson-thomas

MTT indeed has quite a rapport with the home audience, to the point where his appearances can have an element of goofiness about them.

y2k said...

Thanks for the link. It's a fun article to read. I only wish that they could have gotten a more flattering photo of him. He looked a bit like creepy Woody Allen there. Perhaps that's how he avoids being recognized?

Axel Feldheim said...

It is indeed an odd photo, & the article could be an instruction set for how to stalk the maestro.

The Camouflage Company said...

Thrilled to see MTT using our Camouflage Company panier www.thecamouflagecompany.com as seen in Lucia Van Der Posts How To Spend It column - news travels fast! http://www.howtospendit.com/#/articles/939-van-der-postings-the-camouflage-company
> www.thecamouflagecompany.com

Best wishes Louise

y2k said...

the article could be an instruction set for how to stalk the maestro.

Funny, that's exactly what I was thinking when I read that article! Of course, only if I could recognize him in that outfit.

P.S. I mentioned your blog entry to Opera Chic, and I now see that she's blogged about it.

Axel Feldheim said...

Gosh, people sure do seem to be excited about this. I see her post. Does this mean that I've actually scooped that Opera Chic?

y2k said...

Not sure if you've seen this, but there's an MTT interview by Anne Midgette in the Washington Post today.

Axel Feldheim said...

Thanks for the link to the article about MTT & his oatmeal souffle, y2k. He certainly seems to have charmed Ms. Midgette.