Sunday, June 05, 2011

Kadist Reading Room

Kadist Reading RoomAfter discovering the zine collection at Goteblüd, I sought out the reading room at Kadist. This is the San Francisco branch of a Paris-based art foundation. On Saturdays, they hold a reading room featuring European art magazines that are not distributed in the US. The edgiest ones could be glossy, high-art versions of what I had just seen at Goteblüd. Kadist also hosts residencies & a Wednesday night event series. Several people wandered in & out during my visit, & the person who initially greeted me was the local program director. I was offered coffee & cake & encouraged to check out the People's Gallery & the offices of The Thing Quarterly, which are next door.

§ Kadist
Reading Room 11am - 5pm, every Saturday through the end of July
2401 Folsom Street, Entrance at 3295 20th Street

No comments: