Thursday, November 06, 2008

Transforming Kami at the SF Public Library

Today at lunch time I made it to the Main Public Library to see the other half of the Transforming Kami exhibition of origami sculptures. Again I was panting in disbelief at the models. The pleating technique of Goran Konjevod was completely new to me. I saw this incredible spinal column by Christine Edison & this very funny cartoon frog by Nicolas Terry, plus lots more marvels. These people are out of control!

Also, on the bottom floor of the library, there is a nice exhibit of original art work & pop-up books by children's book creator Robert Sabuda. There are beautiful illustrations in a variety of media & styles, & the exhibit is very colorful. I liked seeing the plain white mock-ups for the pop-up book mechanisms.

No comments: