Thursday, April 23, 2015

Geoff Vasile at CAM

Last Thursday evening, goaded by a timely tweet from MariNaomi, I jogged from a history talk at the Mechanics' Institute straight to the Cartoon Art Museum, where I arrived for the tail end of a reception for cartoonist Geoff Vasile, whose work is being featured in the museum. There was time to have a beer, watch Mr. Vasile draw a dinosaur & hear him hold forth on Erik Larson's drawing skills. I also heard attendees trade improper stories about strip clubs.

Mr. Vasile's own drawings are on display at the back of the museum, on the wall next to the restrooms. I liked seeing pages from his latest autobiographical story "My Mom Just Died!" Its content is characteristically inappropriate yet entirely sincere. It was interesting to see the fastidiously clean lines of his originals.

§ Small Press Spotlight on Geoff Vasile
Thursday, April 16, 2015 from 5:00 to 8:00pm
Cartoon Art Museum

No comments: