Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mission Bazaar

05.17.2008 Mission Bazaar at the ArmorySince I was in the neighborhood, after the previously reported concert, I walked to the other side of Market Street to check out the Mission Bazaar. Actually what I really wanted to do was get inside the Armory building The place is pretty run-down, in a romantic kind of way. The entry-way made me think of a 1950's high school. Some of doors still have the old signage on them, which is pretty cool. The fair was held in a huge indoor space like an airplane hangar that probably takes up half the building. It definitely has performance space possibilities.

I wasn't interested in any of the clothes or jewelry on sale, but I did have a nice chat with a woman involved in creating these beautiful crop-circle-like Playa Paintings with Andres Amador on Ocean Beach.

No comments: