Sunday, October 05, 2008

Epic Battle!

MP3 ExperimentI showed up at Dolores Park on Saturday afternoon wearing a yellow t-shirt & armed with an umbrella & an uninflated balloon. At 2:00pm on the dot, I started up an MP3 on my iPod Nano & followed the voice in my head, along with about 2 or 3 hundred others. We did stretches, hugged, chased each other, jumped up & down, played human twister, & engaged in an epic battle. It was good clean fun.

Favorite moments:
  • Trying to move around the field while being blocked by a guy yelling at me, "Don't move, you're my defender! Defend me!"
  • When we gave up trying to synchronize our jumps & just kept jumping.
  • When the 2 armies roared back & forth to each other.
This was Improv Everywhere's MP3 Experiment, sort of a flash mob taken to the next level. They had several video cameras going & even a helicopter taking aerial shots, so the event is going to be well-documented. My fear is that in a few weeks I am going to show up on their site looking very dorky.

No comments: