Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Too Big To Fail

San Francisco Mime Troupe
Too Big To Fail
Peacock Meadow in Golden Gate Park
Sat, Jul 11th @ 2:00 PM (Music 1:30)


It was a such a sunny day on Saturday that I decided it would be a bad idea to miss the San Francisco Mime Troupe's show, To Big To Fail, in Golden Gate Park that afternoon. Even though I arrived a half-hour into it, I was able to pick up the thread of the show, which is set in Africa & tackles the credit crisis, the bailout & perhaps the character of Obama himself. The musical numbers were the best part of the show, & I wish there were more of them. I enjoyed the Mime Troupe's talented & committed performers, as well as sitting in the park in the summer without being cold. I was intrigued by the concept of a payment strike, though I can't imagine successfully organizing one.

No comments: